Costume Fabricator / Photography Team
For a while I was looking for a costume that was going to be challenging for me and also something that really attracted me. I love the design of the outfit, armor, and props. Getting the fit just right for the shirt was a challenge. It probably took me the longest, I wanted it to be perfect. I drafted all my own patterns for everything, and it took a lot of calculating and time. All the gold designs are hand-painted on. The lace is hand stenciled. The skirt took a lot of measurements to get the lines to match up just right, and be at the edge of every pleat. I used boning for the corset front piece, and tied in the ribbon using hooks. I did some leather work with the belt and connected it to 2 straps that screw into the sword. The sword, sheath, and hilt were made with a variety of materials consisting of plastic, wood, and sculpey.
This was my first time making a set of armour. Which required me to use a lot of new materials that I was not familiar with. So was a lot of learning and figuring things out. I used plastics and three different methods of forming it. Some pieces took 20 hours just to make depending on the method and waiting times. I had to build a vacuum-form to create some of the pieces and use complex mold methods. Even painting the armour took forever. I coated everything with about 9 coats of spray paint. I added rivets to get all the pieces together and become moveable. I also added the blue strap on the knee and upper arm armour pieces. Over all the costume took about 200 hours to make.