top of page
This was one of my most challenging creations! The costume is based on Ivybeth from Bravely Default but the Axe is an original design. I wanted to add a prop to the costume to create a complete costume look for competing in. I also took some artistic liberties with the design of the character.
Half of the armor is vacuum-formed after I created sculpted version using plaster and clay. The scales, breastplate, ear, and axe are all created from EVA foam. This is the most I have every worked with EVA foam or have ever created anything like the axe.
This is also the first time creating appliqué on the skirt. I also created a cage out of zip-tie to keep the skirt to stay outwards for the look I wanted. I added in some LEDs on the axe and a few places to have slight glowing hints are the armor.
WIP Gallery :
I created a custom stainless window for this in-studio photoshoot.
bottom of page